Lukur Fort & Museum
About 7km from Port Dickson town stands the Fort of Raja Jumaat, the 19th century Bugis warrior. The fort was built in 1847 to control the lucrative tin trade in the area. Today the muzzle loading guns used to defend the fort can be seen within the grounds of the District Officer’s residence and outside the Police Station in town. In the vicinity of the fort are also the remains of the foundation of an old palace and a royal burial ground.